MEAFORD FOOD BANK AND OUTREACH BOARD OF DIRECTORS POSITION
Looking for a way to contribute while interacting with interesting people? The Meaford Food Bank and Outreach (MFBO) is looking for dynamic, committed individuals interested in volunteering by becoming a Director at the Meaford Food Bank and Outreach.
Established in 1984, the purpose of the Meaford Food Bank and Outreach is to provide individual, compassionate assistance to people in need, in the form of emergency food as well as assistance in connecting with additional support programs that are available. As a non-profit, charitable organization, the Meaford Food Bank and Outreach is able to
operate through donations of money and food. These donations come from individuals, businesses, community organizations, and grant funding.
The MFBO is run by a volunteer Board of Directors. There is one employee, the Food Bank Coordinator, who manages the volunteers who provide the operations of the MFBO. The MFBO is affiliated with Feed Ontario and Food Banks of Canada and abide by their Members Standard of Care.
Governance Roles and Responsibility
The primary responsibility of the Board of Directors is to provide an oversight role in insuring that all decisions and actions of the Board adhere to MFBO bylaws, policies, and strategic plan.
A Director’s will:
- Commit to the vision, mission, and values of the MFBO as well as applicable legislation, policies, strategic plan and MFBO practices.
- Prepare for, and participate in, monthly board meetings, annual meeting, and extraordinary meetings. From time to time, Board members may be required to vote on specific issues by email.
- Work closely with the Food Bank Coordinator and hiring as required.
- Participate in strategic planning for the organization.
- Be an ambassador for the organization by participating in MFBO events and leverage business and personal connections to increase awareness of the MFBO’s mission in the community.
- Keep informed about community issues relevant to the MFBO and its programs.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Meaford Food Bank’s Purpose and Goals
Board members will be required to attend 2-hour monthly meetings on the first Tuesday of every month (with exceptions). In addition, they will be expected to participate on Board committees from time to time and/or to attend Food Bank events.
Board meetings will be held at the Church of Nazarene or may be held remotely in the event of pandemics or foul weather.
Please submit a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In a cover letter, please tell us how you became interested, your reasons for wanting to become a Board member, and an explanation of how you see yourself contributing.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact
Deadline for submitting applications is 5 pm Wednesday September 14, 2022